Entrepreneurial spark. Insatiable curiosity. That’s what drives the public relations, advertising and public affairs professionals that make up KGBTexas Communications. It’s in our DNA.
We’re passionate about creating ideas that reach the people our clients want to connect with, and then moving those ideas into action. We’re good at asking why, and even better at asking why not. That attitude has taken us far and allowed us to create successful and long-lasting partnerships with our clients, our communities and ourselves. It’s why we do what we do.
Account Coordinator/Office Assistant
Houston, TX 77005
KGBTexas Communications’ growing Houston office is looking for a positive, energetic and resourceful team member with outstanding communication and organizational skills to support day-to-day activities of assigned public relations accounts, as well as office administrative needs, including admin support for senior leadership. Ideal candidates for this role will have a background in client service and experience working as part of a high-performing team.
Account Service Duties
- Support account team leaders in implementing clients’ public relations goals, strategies and tactics and in managing daily client activities and contact as needed.
- Support account team leaders through development of press materials, research and press monitoring.
- Prepare and distribute internal and external communications materials as needed including meeting reports, billing summaries, coverage reports and other similar materials.
- Manage reporting of results through monitoring and tracking of coverage, preparing monthly and quarterly reports and other similar activities.
- Support event coordination including planning assistance, scheduling, event set-up and breakdown and other similar activities.
- Assist in researching and pursuing speaking opportunities, award nominations and community involvement opportunities.
- Assist in developing, pursuing and managing promotional opportunities, partnerships, sponsorships and donations.
- Assist with new business development activities, including research, creation of collateral materials and presentations and other activities as needed.
- Research industry trends, current events and other topics of interest to provide recommendations and support decision making.
- Identify speaking, editorial and other visibility opportunities for leadership team and support pitching / correspondence to secure them.
- Manage time entry on a daily basis.
- Other duties as assigned.
Office administrative duties include:
- Manage inbound phone calls and emails to evaluate and prioritize correspondence while keeping team informed of all matters requiring attention.
- Greet guests and help with management of daily office activities.
- Manage and maintain general office files.
- Maintain updated contact lists.
- Assist in maintenance of administrative systems and office equipment.
- Provide support to senior leadership as needed, including scheduling, ordering office supplies, managing subscriptions and other similar activities.
- Support and participate in team-building activities as appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bold: Change agent; exhibits confidence; shows courage to take action; willing to challenge status quo
Entrepreneurial: Takes ownership and pride; willing to take risks; looks for and takes advantage of opportunities
Strategic: Change management; quality management; delegation; visionary leadership; managing people
Curious: Asks why; seeks knowledge; looks for ways to improve performance; gathers and analyzes information
- Minimum three years experience in a professional work environment.
- Advanced administrative support skills, including internal/external communication, meeting preparation and strategic time management.
- Strong organizational skills and careful attention to detail, with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously. Must work well under changing and multiple deadlines.
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree preferred.
If you like the sound of our philosophy, we’d like to hear from you.