Entrepreneurial spark. Insatiable curiosity. That’s what drives the public relations, advertising and public affairs professionals who make up KGBTexas Communications. It’s in our DNA.
We’re passionate about creating ideas that reach the people our clients want to connect with, and then moving those ideas into action to have positive consequence in the community. We’re good at asking why, and even better at asking why not. That attitude has taken us far and allowed us to create successful and long-lasting partnerships with our clients, our communities and ourselves. It’s why we do what we do.
Account Executive, Public Affairs
Houston, TX 77005
Group Account Manager > Vice President
Supports assigned public affairs accounts, including strategic plan development and execution, as well as budget management for ongoing projects.
Responsibilities and duties include:
- Serves as agency client contact for assigned accounts and projects.
- Supports assigned clients and internal project teams in developing and implementing public affairs goals, strategies and tactics.
- Develops, oversees and staffs public engagement meetings as appropriate.
- Supports aggressive budget management through weekly and monthly review of detailed billing reports; and alerts team leads to challenges or issues with budgets.
- Reports status and progress of public affairs efforts to the client and senior KGBTexas leadership on a regular basis; and alerts senior leadership to challenges or issues.
- Supports preparation and distribution of client-facing materials including weekly status reports, billing summaries, meeting agendas, meeting reports/recaps, project estimates and other documents as needed.
- Develops and fosters community relations awareness by keeping up-to-date on current news and acting as liaison with chambers of commerce, city officials, areas business councils and other stakeholders, attending community events as appropriate.
- Supports senior leadership team in crisis communication efforts, as needed.
- Coordinates with marketing department personnel in the development of marketing collateral as needed.
- Supports new business development activities and pro-bono account work as needed.
- Supports Spanish language outreach and strategy.
- Maintains organized files.
- Monitors media for trends, client news and other relevant information.
- Attends internal meetings including staff and departmental meetings.
Bold: Change agent; exhibits confidence; shows courage to take action; willing to challenge status quo
Entrepreneurial: Takes ownership and pride; willing to take risks; looks for and takes advantage of opportunities
Strategic: Change management; quality management; delegation; visionary leadership; managing people
Curious: Asks why; seeks knowledge; looks for ways to improve performance; gathers and analyzes information
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university.
- Minimum four years of experience, including issues management, public affairs and/or public involvement.
- Must be curious, bold, entrepreneurial and strategic, aligning with the company’s core pillars.
- Experience working as part of a high-performing team.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to attend/travel to community engagement meetings and interact with members of the community, once in-person events resume.
- Ability to staff client events and community meetings on evenings and/or weekends as appropriate, once in-person events resume.
- Class C driver’s license.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Bilingual abilities a plus.
- Social media skills a plus.
- Spanish language skills a plus.
- Event managements skills a plus.
- Familiarity with Harris County and Gulf Coast Texas a plus.
- Experience working and excelling in a fast-paced environment a plus.
If you like the sound of our philosophy, we’d like to hear from you.