Bold ideas. Strategic action. A new normal requires innovation. That’s what drives the team of public relations, advertising and public affairs specialists that makes up KGBTexas Communications. It’s in our DNA.
One of our strongest beliefs is that our work should have positive consequence in our communities and the communities our clients serve. It’s through this lens that we evaluate new business opportunities, as well as ongoing work, to ensure that what we do every day has value and meaning beyond the bottom line.
Everyone on our team is insatiably curious. We’re good at asking why, and even better at asking why not. And our entrepreneurial attitude has taken us far. We’ve made national headlines for local clients; guided clients through marketing and communicating during a pandemic; made flood control information not only important, but also interesting; and helped clients pivot in times of profound change. In nearly 30 years, we’ve become the go-to team for creating fans of brands that make an impact in their communities.
We’re proud of our agency’s culture, and we live and breathe our values at work and beyond. And while we work hard, we care harder. We care for each other as individuals as well as colleagues. What’s more, we care about our community. So much so that we created KGBCares, an initiative through which we support nonprofit agencies and initiatives that help bring about positive change.
Bold: change agent; exhibits confidence; shows courage to take action; willing to challenge status quo
Entrepreneurial: takes ownership and pride; willing to take risks; looks for and takes advantage of opportunities
Strategic: change management; quality management; delegation; visionary leadership; managing people
Curious: asks why; seeks knowledge; looks for ways to improve performance; gathers and analyzes information
Job Title: Assistant Content Specialist
Job Location: San Antonio, TX 78212
Relocation Expense: No
Reports To: Creative Director
Direct Reports: N/A
The Assistant Content Specialist is responsible for creating and managing content for social and digital media and delivering ideas and assignments with creativity and passion. The Assistant Content Specialist is a creative and strategic thinker who can tell compelling stories through targeted communication and is able to work in a team environment. You will work on a variety of client accounts as well as internal agency promotion.
- Work closely with both the creative and account teams to facilitate brainstorms, develop content that is engaging and consistent across all platforms, and ensure deadlines are met.
- Conduct research to enhance content, identify relevant or trending topics, and develop timely content that is in demand.
- Write and edit content to maintain an appropriate tone in messaging, adhere to style guide, and check for errors in grammar, punctuation, and style.
- Assist with executing photo and video content.
- Assist with managing editorial calendars by scheduling due dates and tracking content through the editorial process.
- Assist with content audits, to include qualitative analyses of all the content on a network of sites and social media accounts.
- Monitor consumer and content metrics and provide reports on content performance as applicable.
- Write and edit with speed and accuracy. Display a strong knowledge of English grammar and the ability to create clear, engaging, and informative text.
- Effectively articulate ideas
- Compellingly present your work internally and externally to clients
- Plan, manage and execute projects by setting and maintaining production schedules with clients, internal team and external partners or vendors
- Communicate effectively and consult with immediate supervisor and others, including clients
- Monitor and assist in prioritizing multiple projects
- Work both on and off-site
- Perform other functions related to the job as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in advertising, communications or a related field
- One to three years of experience creating social media and digital content
- Understand how to market different types of content across various industries.
- Familiarity with industry trends to identify appropriate strategies to draw in consumers.
- Portfolio with relevant examples provided in PDF format, via link to an online platform or similar