Entrepreneurial spark. Insatiable curiosity. That’s what drives the team of public relations, advertising and public affairs specialists that makes up KGBTexas Communications. It’s in our DNA.
Our job is to create ideas that reach the people our clients want to connect with. Then move those ideas into action. We’re good at asking why, and even better at asking why not. That attitude has taken us far.
We’ve built a portfolio of Fortune 500 companies, start-ups and nonprofits. We’ve grown beyond San Antonio, and set up a second shop in Houston. We’ve made national headlines for local clients, branded San Antonio’s epic 300th birthday and passed a billion-dollar city bond. After 25 years, we’ve gotten pretty good at producing work that creates fans of brands and makes a difference in communities.
At our core, we’re a group of like-minded people who agree on a few simple but profound truths:
- It’s more fun to be great than it is to be mediocre.
- It’s better to outsmart the competition than to outspend them.
- There is nothing more powerful than a compelling idea, persuasively expressed.
- Integrity matters.
200 E. Grayson Street, Suite 200, San Antonio, TX 78215
Serves as the primary videographer and editor in the creation of video content for online, social media and television advertising.
You may work on a variety of productions, including: commercials, corporate videos, content for social media, online videos and internal agency promotion.
You are expected to:
- Collaborate and ideate with our creative teammates
- Capture studio-quality photographs and video
- Produce compelling creative that delivers on the brief
- Work both on and off-site
- Manage and oversee all technical aspects of video recording and editing
- Regularly collaborate with broader account, PR and PA teams
- Present to senior management and/or clients
- Be adept at using Adobe Premiere, Photoshop, After Effects and related video production software
- Ideally be adept at shooting with Sony A7 series, Lumix GH4 or Cannon digital cameras
As a content creator and editor you will:
- Receive a brief and outline of footage and/or a shot list and script
- Assemble all raw footage in preparation for inputting into the computer
- Input uncut rushes and sound, synchronize, store and organize them in files on the computer
- Digitally cut files to put together the sequence of the film
- Create a ‘rough cut’ and determine the exact cutting for the next and final stages
- Reorder and fine-tune the content to ensure the logical sequencing and compelling storytelling
- Color grade and output final cut for various media
- Maintain camera equipment and suggest additional production equipment and resources when needed
- Experiment with styles and techniques including the design/animation of graphic elements
- Recommend and select music
Bold: change agent; exhibits confidence; shows courage to take action; willing to challenge status quo
Entrepreneurial: takes ownership and pride; willing to take risks; looks for and takes advantage of opportunities
Strategic: change management; quality management; delegation; visionary leadership; managing people
Curious: asks why; seeks knowledge; looks for ways to improve performance; gathers and analyzes information
- Bachelor’s degree in video production/editing/communications or similar degree from trade school
- Class C driver’s license
- Years of experience using video and editing equipment and programs
If you like the sound of our philosophy, we’d like to hear from you.