Entrepreneurial spark. Insatiable curiosity. That’s what drives the public relations, advertising and public affairs professionals that make up KGBTexas Communications. It’s in our DNA.
We’re passionate about creating ideas that reach the people our clients want to connect with, and then moving those ideas into action to have positive consequence in the community. We’re good at asking why, and even better at asking why not. That attitude has taken us far and allowed us to create successful and long-lasting partnerships with our clients, our communities and ourselves. It’s why we do what we do.
Job Title: Executive Assistant
Job Location: San Antonio, Texas 78212
Relocation Expense: No
Reports To: CEO
Direct Reports: N/A
Role Summary: Organizes and schedules CEO’s various business and personal activities. Assists with office duties and various departmental requests as needed.
1) Serves as administrative and personal assistant to the company CEO by scheduling appointments, maintaining calendar, coordinating travel arrangements, producing correspondence, producing filing systems, completing other tasks as requested, and meeting daily.
2) Ensures timesheets are entered daily and meets with CEO for updates.
3) Collects receipts for expenses and helps with reconciliation of credit card charges.
4) Maintains personal appointments/needs of CEO.
5) Answers all phone calls in a friendly and professional manner, and forwards all calls to the appropriate staff members promptly and smoothly.
6) Arrives to office on time and turns on lights, maintains break room and ensures coffee and beverages are stocked at all times.
7) Accepts company mail and distributes to appropriate agency personnel. Arranges all courier pickups, outgoing mail and correspondence on request.
8) Greets all visitors to agency promptly and in a welcoming manner; notifies appropriate agency personnel of arrival of visitors.
9) Assists in facilitation of company events, activities.
10) Other administrative duties as assigned/needed.
Bold: change agent; exhibits confidence; shows courage to take action; willing to challenge status quo
Entrepreneurial: takes ownership and pride; willing to take risks; looks for and takes advantage of opportunities
Strategic: change management; quality management; delegation; visionary leadership; managing people
Curious: asks why; seeks knowledge; looks for ways to improve performance; gathers and analyzes information
1) Associate’s degree (A.A.), or equivalent from two-year college or technical school, or at least one-year related experience.
2) Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
3) Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
4) Working knowledge of Excel, Microsoft Word, Internet, Microsoft Outlook.
5) Class C driver’s license.