Entrepreneurial spark. Insatiable curiosity. That’s what drives the team of public relations, advertising and public affairs specialists that makes up KGBTexas Communications. It’s in our DNA.
Our job is to create ideas that reach the people our clients want to connect with. Then move those ideas into action. We’re good at asking why, and even better at asking why not. That attitude has taken us far.
We’ve built a portfolio of Fortune 500 companies, start-ups and nonprofits. We’ve grown beyond San Antonio, and set up a second shop in Houston. We’ve made national headlines for local clients, branded San Antonio’s epic 300th birthday and passed a billion-dollar city bond. After 25 years, we’ve gotten pretty good at producing work that creates fans of brands and makes a difference in communities.
At our core, we’re a group of like-minded people who agree on a few simple but profound truths:
- It’s more fun to be great than it is to be mediocre.
- It’s better to outsmart the competition than to outspend them.
- There is nothing more powerful than a compelling idea, persuasively expressed.
- Integrity matters.
San Antonio, TX 78212
Organizes and schedules CEO’s various business activities; and acts as backup for receptionist when needed.
- Serves as administrative and personal assistant to the company CEO by scheduling appointments, maintaining calendar, coordinating travel arrangements, producing correspondence, producing filing systems, completing other tasks as requested, and meeting daily.
- Ensures timesheets are entered daily and meets with CEO for updates.
- Collects receipts for expenses and helps with reconciliation of credit card charges.
- Review emails and file accordingly for CEO.
- Maintains personal appointments/needs of CEO.
- Answers all phone calls in a friendly and professional manner and forwards all calls to the appropriate staff members promptly and smoothly. Checks general office voicemail and forwards to the appropriate staff member.
- Arrives to office on time and turns on lights, maintains break room and ensures coffee and beverages are stocked at all times.
- Receives company mail and distributes to appropriate agency personnel. Arranges all courier pickups, outgoing mail and correspondence on request.
- Maintains all conference rooms and common areas (hallways, kitchen, production room, etc.) to ensure a professional and welcoming appearance.
- Greets all visitors to agency promptly and in a welcoming manner; notifies appropriate agency personnel of arrival of visitors.
- Acts as hostess until appropriate personnel are notified of visitor’s arrival (including offering/preparing beverages for visitors).
- Assists in facilitation of company events, activities.
- Coordinates the gathering of information and documents for submission of Request for Proposals (RFPs).
- Offers support to staff with specified client work as needed.
- Other administrative duties as assigned/needed.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Intellectual: analytical, technical skills, problem solving, project management.
- Interpersonal: customer service, interpersonal, written communication, team work, oral communication.
- Organization: business acumen, cost consciousness, diversity, ethics, organizational support, strategic thinking.
- Self-Management: adaptability, dependability, attendance/punctuality, initiative, motivation, professionalism, planning/organizing, quality, innovation, quantity, judgment, safety and security.
Bold: change agent; exhibits confidence; shows courage to take action; willing to challenge status quo
Entrepreneurial: takes ownership and pride; willing to take risks; looks for and takes advantage of opportunities
Strategic: change management; quality management; delegation; visionary leadership; managing people
Curious: asks why; seeks knowledge; looks for ways to improve performance; gathers and analyzes information
- To perform this job satisfactorily, an individual must be able to perform each essential performance requirement satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the training, experience, knowledge, and skill required for this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions listed above.
Education and/or Experience
- Associate’s degree (A.A.), or equivalent from two-year college or technical school, or at least one-year related experience, and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge and Skills
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have working knowledge of Excel, Microsoft Word, Internet, Microsoft Outlook.
If you like the sound of our philosophy, we’d like to hear from you.