Entrepreneurial spark. Insatiable curiosity. That’s what drives the public relations, advertising and public affairs professionals that make up KGBTexas Communications. It’s in our DNA.
We’re passionate about creating ideas that reach the people our clients want to connect with, and then moving those ideas into action to have positive consequence in the community. We’re good at asking why, and even better at asking why not. That attitude has taken us far and allowed us to create successful and long-lasting partnerships with our clients, our communities and ourselves. It’s why we do what we do.
Job Title: Financial Analyst
Job Location: San Antonio, Texas 78212
Relocation Expense: No
Reports To: VP of Finance
Direct Reports: N/A
Role Summary: The financial analyst is responsible for oversight of the agency’s financial operations and assists in compiling and analyzing financial data on a monthly basis.
1) Records journal entries and manages monthly closings.
2) Prepares all financial reports in a timely manner.
3) Prepares bank reconciliation and sales tax reports.
4) Prepares and issues annual 1099s for all vendors as required by the IRS.
5) Manages client billing, both media and production, ensuring invoices are sent timely and correctly.
6) Oversees work in process and accrued media accounts payable.
7) Works collaboratively with the Media department to reconcile media buys and payments to vendors.
8) Develops a working relationship with client finance departments to facilitate accounts receivable collections.
9) Manages external audits requested by clients.
10) Assists Account Service team with client budget reports.
11) Manages time entry and employee productivity reports.
12) Assists the VP of Finance with special projects as directed.
Bold: change agent; exhibits confidence; shows courage to take action; willing to challenge status quo
Entrepreneurial: takes ownership and pride; willing to take risks; looks for and takes advantage of opportunities
Strategic: change management; quality management; delegation; visionary leadership; managing people
Curious: asks why; seeks knowledge; looks for ways to improve performance; gathers and analyzes information
1) Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance and a minimum of (3) years of related experience
2) Full working knowledge of financial statements with the ability to prepare and analyze a balance sheet and profit and loss statement
3) Detail oriented with the ability to solve practical problems and interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form
4) Good interpersonal communications skills and interactions with other department personnel as well as management
5) Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite applications (Excel, Word, Etc.).