Entrepreneurial spark. Insatiable curiosity. That’s what drives the team of public relations, advertising and public affairs specialists that makes up KGBTexas Communications. It’s in our DNA.
Our job is to create ideas that reach the people our clients want to connect with. Then move those ideas into action. We’re good at asking why, and even better at asking why not. That attitude has taken us far.
We’ve built a portfolio of Fortune 500 companies, start-ups and nonprofits. We’ve grown beyond San Antonio, and set up a second shop in Houston. We’ve made national headlines for local clients, branded San Antonio’s epic 300th birthday and passed a billion-dollar city bond. After 25 years, we’ve gotten pretty good at producing work that creates fans of brands and makes a difference in communities.
At our core, we’re a group of like-minded people who agree on a few simple but profound truths:
- It’s more fun to be great than it is to be mediocre.
- It’s better to outsmart the competition than to outspend them.
- There is nothing more powerful than a compelling idea, persuasively expressed.
- Integrity matters.
Integrated Account Coordinator
San Antonio, TX 78215
Account Executive -> Senior Account Executive ->, Account Supervisor -> Director of Account Services
Assists all Account Executives in coordinating communication campaigns for agency clients.
- Attends strategy and planning meetings with account services, creative staff and production team.
- Assists in preparing account materials, including press releases and media advisories, creative briefs, etc.
- Assists in preparing and distributing client communication materials, including weekly status reports, billing summaries, meeting agendas, meeting reports, project estimates and other documents as needed
- Assists in coordinating campaigns, project activities and client-related events.
- Proofreads materials for accuracy.
- Researches competitive activity and consumer trends.
- Researches clients’ previous campaigns, including obstacles, and identifies opportunities for improvement.
- Assists with media relations including pitching, fostering media relationships and developing targeted media lists.
- Assists with event coordination including planning assistance, scheduling, event set-up and clean-up supervision, media relations and monitoring, client communications, etc.
- Manages clients’ media accomplishments through monitoring media coverage, including preparing and distributing media value reports.
- Maintains updated contact lists for clients, community leaders and media.
- Assists in researching and pursuing speaking opportunities, award nominations and important community groups on behalf of client.
- Assists in developing, pursuing and managing media promotions, partnerships, sponsorships and donations.
- Manages time entry on a weekly basis.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bold: change agent; exhibits confidence; shows courage to take action; willing to challenge status quo
Entrepreneurial: takes ownership and pride; willing to take risks; looks for and takes advantage of opportunities
Strategic: change management; quality management; delegation; visionary leadership; managing people
Curious: asks why; seeks knowledge; looks for ways to improve performance; gathers and analyzes information
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations or a related discipline from an accredited four-year college or university
- Some experience preferred, but will consider college portfolios in lieu of experience
- Class C driver’s license
If you like the sound of our philosophy, we’d like to hear from you.