Bold ideas. Strategic action. A new normal requires innovation. That’s what drives the team of public relations, advertising and public affairs specialists that makes up KGBTexas Communications. It’s in our DNA.
One of our strongest beliefs is that our work should have positive consequence in our communities and the communities our clients serve. It’s through this lens that we evaluate new business opportunities, as well as ongoing work, to ensure that what we do every day has value and meaning beyond the bottom line.
Everyone on our team is insatiably curious. We’re good at asking why, and even better at asking why not. And our entrepreneurial attitude has taken us far. We’ve made national headlines for local clients; guided clients through marketing and communicating during a pandemic; made flood control information not only important, but also interesting; and helped clients pivot in times of profound change. In nearly 30 years, we’ve become the go-to team for creating fans of brands that make an impact in their communities.
We’re proud of our agency’s culture, and we live and breathe our values at work and beyond. And while we work hard, we care harder. We care for each other as individuals as well as colleagues. What’s more, we care about our community. So much so that we created KGBCares, an initiative through which we support nonprofit agencies and initiatives that help bring about positive change.
Our Values: Bold: change agent; exhibits confidence; shows courage to take action; willing to challenge status quo
Entrepreneurial: takes ownership and pride; willing to take risks; looks for and takes advantage of opportunities
Strategic: change management; quality management; delegation; visionary leadership; managing people
Curious: asks why; seeks knowledge; looks for ways to improve performance; gathers and analyzes information
Job Title: Integrated Senior Account Executive
Job Location: San Antonio, TX
Relocation Expense: No
Reports To: Account Supervisor
Direct Reports: Account Coordinator, Associate Account Executive, Account Executive
Role Summary: Serves as the primary contact for assigned clients and manages those clients’ account strategy, activities, reporting, etc.
1) Works with clients and senior leadership to develop and implement client public relations goals, strategies and tactics.
2) Exceeds client expectations while staying within budget parameters, managing their expectations accordingly.
3) Aggressively manages budgets through weekly and monthly review of detailed billing reports; alerts senior leadership to challenges or issues with budgets.
4) Reports status and progress of communications efforts to the client and senior leadership on a regular basis; alerts senior leadership to challenges or issues.
5) Develops and oversees the implementation of communications plans, including material development.
6) Supervises and participates in preparing and distributing client account materials, including weekly status reports, billing summaries, meeting agendas, meeting reports/recaps, project estimates and other documents as needed.
7) Manages media relations through pitching stories, fostering relationships and developing targeted media lists; supervises account coordinator in monitoring media coverage, and preparing and distributing media value reports.
8) Monitors media for industry trends and competitive evaluations.
9) Researches and pursues speaking opportunities, award nominations and important community relationships on behalf of clients.
10) Develops and fosters community relations awareness through keeping abreast of current news; liaising with chambers of commerce, city officials, area business councils; attending community events as appropriate, etc.
11) Supports senior leadership team as needed.
12) Coordinates with team to develop collateral, including writing creative briefs.
13) Manages junior staff as necessary.
14) Supports new business development activities and pro-bono account work as needed.
15) Maintains organized client files.
16) Manages time entry on a weekly basis.
17) Other duties as assigned.
1) Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations or a related discipline from an accredited four-year college or university.
2) Minimum 5 years’ experience, including traditional, digital and social media.
3) Class C driver’s license
If you like the sound of our philosophy, we’d like to hear from you.