Entrepreneurial spark. Insatiable curiosity. That’s what drives the team of public relations, advertising and public affairs specialists that makes up KGBTexas Communications. It’s in our DNA.
Our job is to create ideas that reach the people our clients want to connect with. Then move those ideas into action. We’re good at asking why, and even better at asking why not. That attitude has taken us far.
We’ve built a portfolio of Fortune 500 companies, start-ups and nonprofits. We’ve grown beyond San Antonio, and set up a second shop in Houston. We’ve made national headlines for local clients, branded San Antonio’s epic 300th birthday and passed a billion-dollar city bond. After 25 years, we’ve gotten pretty good at producing work that creates fans of brands and makes a difference in communities.
At our core, we’re a group of like-minded people who agree on a few simple but profound truths:
- It’s more fun to be great than it is to be mediocre.
- It’s better to outsmart the competition than to outspend them.
- There is nothing more powerful than a compelling idea, persuasively expressed.
- Integrity matters.
Integrated Account Executive
San Antonio, TX 78215
Senior Account Executive -> Account Supervisor -> Director of Account Services
Account Coordinator -> Associate Account Executive
Serves at the primary contact for assigned clients and manages those clients’ account strategy, activities, reporting, etc.
- Works with clients and senior leadership to develop and implement client public relations goals, strategies and tactics.
- Exceeds client expectations while staying within budget parameters, managing their expectations accordingly.
- Aggressively manages budgets through weekly and monthly review of detailed billing reports; alerts senior leadership to challenges or issues with budgets.
- Reports status and progress of communications efforts to the client and senior leadership on a regular basis; alerts senior leadership to challenges or issues.
- Develops and oversees the implementation of communications plans, including material development, client event supervision, media relations, etc.
- Supervises and participates in preparing and distributing client account materials, including weekly status reports, billing summaries, meeting agendas, meeting reports/recaps, project estimates and other documents as needed.
- Manages media relations through pitching stories, fostering relationships and developing targeted media lists; supervises account coordinator in monitoring media coverage, and preparing and distributing media value reports.
- Monitors media for industry trends and competitive evaluations.
- Researches and pursues speaking opportunities, award nominations and important community relationships on behalf of clients.
- Develops and fosters community relations awareness through keeping abreast of current news; liaising with chambers of commerce, city officials, area business councils; attending community events as appropriate, etc.
- Develops, pursues and manages media promotions, partnerships and sponsorships and donations.
- Supports senior leadership team in crisis communications efforts.
- Coordinates with team to develop collateral, including writing creative briefs.
- Manages junior staff as necessary.
- Supports new business development activities and pro-bono account work as needed.
- Maintains organized client files.
- Manages time entry on a weekly basis.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bold: change agent; exhibits confidence; shows courage to take action; willing to challenge status quo
Entrepreneurial: takes ownership and pride; willing to take risks; looks for and takes advantage of opportunities
Strategic: change management; quality management; delegation; visionary leadership; managing people
Curious: asks why; seeks knowledge; looks for ways to improve performance; gathers and analyzes information
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations or a related discipline from an accredited four-year college or university.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience, including traditional, digital and social media.
- Class C driver’s license
If you like the sound of our philosophy, we’d like to hear from you.