Entrepreneurial spark. Insatiable curiosity. That’s what drives the public relations, advertising and public affairs professionals that make up KGBTexas Communications. It’s in our DNA.
Everyone on our team is insatiably curious. We’re passionate about creating ideas that reach the people with whom our clients want to connect, and then moving those ideas into action to have positive consequence in the community. We’re good at asking why, and even better at asking why not. That attitude has taken us far and allowed us to create successful and long-lasting partnerships with our clients, our communities and ourselves. It’s why we do what we do.
We’re proud of our agency’s culture, and we live and breathe our values at work and beyond. And while we work hard, we care harder. We care for each other as individuals as well as colleagues. What’s more, we care about our community. So much so that we created KGBCares, an initiative through which we support nonprofit agencies and initiatives that help bring about positive change.
Bold: Change agent; exhibits confidence; shows courage to take action; willing to challenge status quo.
Entrepreneurial: Takes ownership and pride; willing to take risks; looks for and takes advantage of opportunities.
Strategic: Change management; quality management; delegation; visionary leadership; managing people.
Curious: Asks why; seeks knowledge; looks for ways to improve performance; gathers and analyzes information.
Job Title: Integrated Account Supervisor
Job Location: Houston, TX 77005
Relocation Expense: No
Reports To: Group Account Manager
Direct Reports: Account Team
Role Summary: The Integrated Account Supervisor is responsible for cultivating and nurturing strong working relationships with clients; developing and implementing effective, integrated communications strategies, goals and tactics; planning and executing successful campaigns; fostering solid working relationships with key media contacts and outlets; and analyzing and reporting campaign performance.
- Creates and executes focused, cost-effective, results-oriented integrated communications programs for a variety of clients.
- Fully understands and recommends integrated agency services, including media, creative, research, strategic planning, public relations, public affairs and promotions.
- Provides strategic recommendations to assigned accounts by combining thorough industry knowledge and competitive intelligence with consumer insights.
- Possesses financial management and supervisory skills; basic understanding of cost management in a communications-agency context.
- Maintains the profitability/performance of assigned accounts.
- Brings a strong working knowledge of costs and timeframes associated with completing projects/jobs.
- Develops strong client relationships and manages expectations.
- Manages client expectations regarding budget and account work.
- Aggressively manages budgets through weekly and monthly review of detailed billing reports; alerts fellow leadership to challenges or issues with budgets.
- Develops community relations awareness by staying abreast of current news; liaising with chambers of commerce, city officials, area business councils; attending community events as appropriate, etc.
- Resolves client crisis situations as necessary.
- Assists in new business development as appropriate, including research, content development and participation in presentations as appropriate.
- Coaches/provides guidance to junior employees.
- Manages all client processes and billing in Advantage, ensuring all communication and billing is correct and done efficiently.
- Manages time entry on a weekly basis.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, advertising or a related subject from an accredited four-year college or university.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in public relations, advertising, communications, digital and social media, or a combination thereof.
- Must have strong PR writing skills and samples.
- Class C driver’s license
If you like the sound of our philosophy, we’d like to hear from you.