Entrepreneurial spark. Insatiable curiosity. That’s what drives the team of public relations, advertising and public affairs specialists that makes up KGBTexas Communications. It’s in our DNA.
Our job is to create ideas that reach the people our clients want to connect with. Then move those ideas into action. We’re good at asking why, and even better at asking why not. That attitude has taken us far.
We’ve built a portfolio of Fortune 500 companies, start-ups and nonprofits. We’ve grown beyond San Antonio, and set up a second shop in Houston. We’ve made national headlines for local clients, branded San Antonio’s epic 300th birthday and passed a billion-dollar city bond. After 25 years, we’ve gotten pretty good at producing work that creates fans of brands and makes a difference in communities.
At our core, we’re a group of like-minded people who agree on a few simple but profound truths:
- It’s more fun to be great than it is to be mediocre.
- It’s better to outsmart the competition than to outspend them.
- There is nothing more powerful than a compelling idea, persuasively expressed.
- Integrity matters.
Integrated Account Supervisor
San Antonio, TX 78215
Director of Account Services
The Integrated Account Supervisor is responsible for cultivating and nurturing strong working relationships with clients; developing and implementing effective, integrated communications strategies, goals and tactics; planning and executing successful campaigns; fostering solid working relationships with key media contacts and outlets; and analyzing and reporting of campaign performance.
- Creates and executes focused, cost-effective, results-oriented integrated communications programs for a variety of clients.
- Fully understands and recommends integrated agency services – media, creative, research, strategic planning, public relations, public affairs and promotions.
- Provides strategic recommendations to assigned accounts by combining thorough industry knowledge and competitive intelligence with consumer insights.
- Possesses financial management and supervisory skills; basic understanding of cost management in a communications-agency context.
- Maintains the profitability/performance of assigned accounts
- Has a strong working knowledge of costs and timeframes associated with completing jobs.
- Proven client relationship development and management skills.
- Manages client expectations regarding budget and account work.
- Aggressively manages budgets through weekly and monthly review of detailed billing reports; alerts fellow leadership to challenges or issues with budgets.
- Develops community relations awareness by staying abreast of current news; liaising with chambers of commerce, city officials, area business councils; attending community events as appropriate, etc.
- Resolves client crisis situations as necessary.
- Assists in new business development presentations.
- Coaches/provides guidance to junior employees when needed.
- Responsible for all client processes and billing in Advantage, ensuring all communication and billing is correct and done efficiently.
- Manages time entry on a weekly basis.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bold: change agent; exhibits confidence; shows courage to take action; willing to challenge status quo
Entrepreneurial: takes ownership and pride; willing to take risks; looks for and takes advantage of opportunities
Strategic: change management; quality management; delegation; visionary leadership; managing people
Curious: asks why; seeks knowledge; looks for ways to improve performance; gathers and analyzes information
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, advertising or a related subject from an accredited four-year college or university.
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in public affairs, public relations, advertising, communications or combination thereof
- Experience in public affairs.
- Class C driver’s license
- Experience with digital and social media preferred
If you like the sound of our philosophy, we’d like to hear from you.