Entrepreneurial spark. Insatiable curiosity. That’s what drives the public relations, advertising and public affairs professionals that make up KGBTexas Communications. It’s in our DNA.
We’re passionate about creating ideas that reach the people our clients want to connect with, and then moving those ideas into action. We’re good at asking why, and even better at asking why not. That attitude has taken us far and allowed us to create successful and long-lasting partnerships with our clients, our communities and ourselves. It’s why we do what we do.
Job Title: Senior Media Planner/Buyer
Job Location: San Antonio, TX 78215
Relocation Expense: N/A
Reports To: Media Director
Direct Reports: N/A
The Senior Media Planner/Buyer will be responsible for analyzing, planning and buying media across clients. The planner/buyer works closely with clients, media partners and internal departments to execute strategic media recommendations. Candidate must have digital experience as well as the ability to assess research, data, and performance metrics and communicate plan results in a clear and concise manner to internal and external individuals. Candidate will be responsible for the day-to-day execution of media campaigns.
- Participates in development and management of effective integrated media plans and buys under the supervision of the Media Director
- Oversees, plans and maintains expert knowledge in all channels including TV, radio, print, outdoor, digital and emerging technologies
- Well-versed in digital media marketing platforms including SEM, social, display, native, programmatic, OTT, video and mobile
- Maintains media plans including changes, budgeting, execution, reporting and optimization
- Executes all plans through effective and efficient daily management
- Ensures account and creative team is apprised of changes to the placements by producing the traffic/production spec worksheet
- Maintains a solid knowledge of industry standards, new media programs/opportunities and can advise on new ways to reach targets
- Attends agency, department, and production team and client meetings as necessary
- Develops and fosters strong relationships with media partners
- Evaluates media opportunities and presents media plans and/or POV’s clearly in writing and orally
- Recommends optimizations when appropriate to improve media performance
- Manages insertion orders, monitors and stewards media buys and makegoods in SBMS/Strata
- Prepares reports on results, observations, insights and future recommendations
- Bold: change agent; exhibits confidence; shows courage to take action; willing to challenge status quo
- Entrepreneurial: takes ownership and pride; wiling to take risks; looks for and takes advantage of opportunities
- Strategic: change management; quality management; delegation; visionary leadership; managing people
- Curious: asks why; seeks knowledge; looks for ways to improve performance; gathers and analyzes information
- 3-5 years in media planning and buying
- Deep understanding of the negotiation and buying process across media and experience in the developing and managing multi-media campaigns
- Bachelor in Advertising, Marketing, Communications, preferred
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Excellent analysis, reporting and presentation skills
- Passion for new/emerging media technologies and ability to engage strategically and tactically across platforms
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Strong computer skills (PowerPoint, Keynote, Excel, etc.)
- Proven abilities to manage multiple clients and campaigns
- Ability to meet deadlines with accuracy and minimum supervision
- Strong analytical skills and ability to relate results to client business objectives
- Proficient in using and assessing standard media research and planning tools (e.g., Google Analytics, Scarborough, Nielsen, Tapclicks, etc)
- Exceptional organizational and communication skills to work closely with and build relationships with account, creative, and PR teams.
- Experience with STRATA
If you like the sound of our philosophy, we’d like to hear from you.