Entrepreneurial spark. Insatiable curiosity. That’s what drives the public relations, advertising and public affairs professionals that make up KGBTexas Communications. It’s in our DNA.
We’re passionate about creating ideas that reach the people our clients want to connect with, and then moving those ideas into action to have positive consequence in the community. We’re good at asking why, and even better at asking why not. That attitude has taken us far and allowed us to create successful and long-lasting partnerships with our clients, our communities and ourselves. It’s why we do what we do.
KGBTexas Communications, currently ranked No. 9 on Houston Business Journal’s list of Best Places to Work, is looking for a senior PR professional with outstanding communication skills to serve as the agency’s primary client contact and strategic lead for assigned accounts. Day-to-day responsibilities include cultivating and nurturing strong working relationships with clients; developing and implementing effective PR strategies, goals and tactics; planning and executing successful campaigns; fostering solid working relationships with key media contacts and outlets; and analyzing and reporting of campaign performance.
Job Title: Public Affairs Account Executive
Job Location: Houston, Texas 77005
Relocation Expense: No
Reports To: Group Account Manager
Direct Reports: N/A
- Serves as agency client contact for assigned accounts and projects.
- Supports assigned clients and internal project teams in developing and implementing public affairs goals, strategies and tactics.
- Develops, oversees and staffs public engagement meetings as appropriate.
- Supports aggressive budget management through weekly and monthly review of detailed billing reports; and alerts team leads to challenges or issues with budgets.
- Reports status and progress of public affairs efforts to the client and senior KGBTexas leadership on a regular basis; and alerts senior leadership to challenges or issues.
- Supports preparation and distribution of client-facing materials including weekly status reports, billing summaries, meeting agendas, meeting reports/recaps, project estimates and other documents as needed.
- Develops and fosters community relations awareness by keeping up-to-date on current news and acting as liaison with chambers of commerce, city officials, areas business councils and other stakeholders, attending community events as appropriate.
- Supports senior leadership team in crisis communication efforts, as needed.
- Coordinates with marketing department personnel in the development of marketing collateral as needed.
- Supports new business development activities and pro-bono account work as needed.
- Supports Spanish language outreach and strategy.
- Maintains organized files.
- Monitors media for trends, client news and other relevant information.
- Attends internal meetings including staff and departmental meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university.
- Minimum four years of experience, including issues management, public affairs and/or public involvement.
- Must be curious, bold, entrepreneurial and strategic, aligning with the company’s core pillars.
- Experience working as part of a high-performing team.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to occasionally attend community engagement meetings and interact with members of the community, including local travel once in-person events resume.
- Ability to staff client events and community meetings on evenings and/or weekends as appropriate, once in-person events resume.
- Class C driver’s license.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Bilingual abilities a plus, particularly Spanish language skills.
- Social media skills a plus.
- Event managements skills a plus.
- Familiarity with Harris County and Gulf Coast Texas a plus.
- Experience working and exceling in a fast-paced environment a plus.
If you like the sound of our philosophy, we’d like to hear from you.