We could describe ourselves as a growing company made up of public relations, advertising, public affairs and interactive marketing specialists. Or we could tell you that we have offices in San Antonio and Houston and a 22-year history of success, but the truth is we’re much more than that. We’re a group of like-minded people who agree on a few simple but profound truths:
- It’s more fun to be great at your job than it is to be mediocre
- It’s better to outsmart the competition than to outspend them
- There is nothing more powerful than a compelling idea, persuasively expressed.
- Integrity matters.
These principles have produced some remarkable results for our clients. We invite you to have a look at some of the things we’ve done.
Manages daily client activities and serves as the primary client contact.
Job Title: Account Executive – Public Relations
Job Location: San Antonio, TX 78215
Relocation Expense: N/A
Reports To: Public Relations Director
Direct Reports: N/A
- Works with clients and senior leadership to develop and implement client public relations goals, strategies and tactics.
- Strives to exceed client expectations while staying within budget parameters, managing their expectations accordingly.
- Maintains a positive attitude and represents KGBTexas in a professional, trustworthy manner.
- Serves as the agency’s primary client contact and manages coordination of all client efforts.
- Aggressively manages budgets through weekly and monthly review of detailed billing reports; alerts senior leadership to challenges or issues with budgets.
- Reports status and progress of PR efforts to the client and senior leadership on a regular basis; alerts senior leadership to challenges or issues.
- Develops and oversees the implementation of public relations plans including press material development, client event supervision, media relations, presentation/speaking remarks development, etc.
- Supervises preparation and distribution of client communication materials including weekly status reports, billing summaries, meeting agendas, meeting reports/recaps, project estimates and other documents as needed.
- Manages media relations through pitching stories, fostering relationships and developing targeted media lists; supervises account coordinator in monitoring media coverage, distributing clips and coverage information to client and team, maintain clip binders and preparing and distributing media value reports.
- Monitors media for story coverage, industry trends and competitive evaluations.
- Researches and pursues speaking opportunities, award nominations and important community relationships on behalf of clients.
- Develops and fosters community relations awareness through keeping abreast of current news; liaising with chambers of commerce, city officials, area business councils; attending community events as appropriate, etc.
- Develops, pursues and manages media promotions, partnerships and sponsorships and donations.
- Supports senior leadership team in crisis communications efforts.
- Coordinates with marketing department personnel in the development of marketing collateral as needed for existing public relations clients.
- Manages junior public relations support staff as necessary in the implementation of public relations tactics and general account maintenance.
- Supports new business development activities and pro-bono account work as needed.
- Manages time entry.
- Maintains organized client files.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bold: change agent; exhibits confidence; shows courage to take action; willing to challenge status quo
- Entrepreneurial: takes ownership and pride; wiling to take risks; looks for and takes advantage of opportunities
- Strategic: change management; quality management; delegation; visionary leadership; managing people
- Curious: asks why; seeks knowledge; looks for ways to improve performance; gathers and analyzes information
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university.
- 3-5 years of experience.
- Class C Drivers License
If you like the sound of our philosophy, we’d like to hear from you.