Entrepreneurial spark. Insatiable curiosity. That’s what drives the public relations, advertising and public affairs professionals that make up KGBTexas Communications. It’s in our DNA.
We’re passionate about creating ideas that reach the people our clients want to connect with, and then moving those ideas into action to have positive consequence in the community. We’re good at asking why, and even better at asking why not. That attitude has taken us far and allowed us to create successful and long-lasting partnerships with our clients, our communities and ourselves. It’s why we do what we do.
KGBTexas Communications, currently ranked No. 9 on Houston Business Journal’s list of Best Places to Work, is looking for a senior PR professional with outstanding communication skills to serve as the agency’s primary client contact and strategic lead for assigned accounts. Day-to-day responsibilities include cultivating and nurturing strong working relationships with clients; developing and implementing effective PR strategies, goals and tactics; planning and executing successful campaigns; fostering solid working relationships with key media contacts and outlets; and analyzing and reporting of campaign performance.
Additional duties and responsibilities include:
- Provides strategic counsel, proactive ideas and creative initiatives to clients and senior leadership team members.
- Develops and executes public relations plans / campaigns, including strategic plans, press material development, event supervision, media relations, influencer outreach/engagement, bylined article and white-paper development, media interview preparation, presentation/speaking remarks and other similar activities.
- Supervises generation of consistent coverage for assigned clients with top-tier national, regional and local media outlets.
- Leads media-relations efforts for assigned clients as appropriate through pitching stories, fostering solid relationships with key media contacts, directing junior team members in their PR efforts and overseeing creation/maintenance of targeted media/influencer lists.
- Prepares materials and conducts media training for clients or other individuals as appropriate.
- Maintains strong working knowledge of news, trends and events affecting client industries, alerting clients and team members to relevant information, news and opportunities as appropriate.
- Maintains profitability and performance of assigned accounts. Aggressively supervises budgets through weekly and monthly review. Manages client expectations regarding budget and account work.
- Manages and mentors staff as necessary in the implementation of public relations tactics and general account efforts.
- Leads and/or supports crisis communications efforts as needed.
- Leads and/or supports new-business development activities and pro-bono account work as appropriate.
- Develops and fosters community relations awareness through liaising with chambers of commerce, city officials, area business councils, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, English, Marketing or related field.
- Minimum 10 years of relevant professional experience in public relations, marketing or communications.
- Demonstrated ability to manage teams and generate results.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, including strong working knowledge of AP Style.
- Agency and/or media experience preferred.
- Working in a fast-paced corporate environment a plus.
- General business-marketing experience a plus.