Entrepreneurial spark. Insatiable curiosity. That’s what drives the public relations, advertising and public affairs professionals that make up KGBTexas Communications. It’s in our DNA.
We’re passionate about creating ideas that reach the people our clients want to connect with, and then moving those ideas into action. We’re good at asking why, and even better at asking why not. That attitude has taken us far and allowed us to create successful and long-lasting partnerships with our clients, our communities and ourselves. It’s why we do what we do.
Senior Public Affairs Account Executive
Houston, TX 77005
Manages team for assigned client work.
Manages assigned public affairs accounts, including strategic plan development, oversight of plan implementation and budget management for ongoing initiatives and projects.
- Serves as the agency’s primary client contact for assigned accounts.
- Works with assigned clients and senior leadership to develop and implement public affairs goals, strategies and tactics.
- Develops and oversees the implementation of public affairs plans.
- Manages junior public affairs support staff as necessary in the implementation of public affairs tactics and general account maintenance.
- Manages client expectations regarding budget and account work.
- Aggressively manages budgets through weekly and monthly review of detailed billing reports; and alerts KGBTexas leadership to challenges or issues with budgets.
- Reports status and progress of public affairs efforts to the client and senior KGBTexas leadership on a regular basis, and alerts senior leadership to challenges or issues.
- Supervises preparation and distribution of client communication materials including weekly status reports, billing summaries, meeting agendas, meeting reports/recaps, project estimates and other documents as needed.
- Develops and fosters community relations awareness through keeping abreast of current news and liaising with chambers of commerce, city officials, areas business councils and attending community events as appropriate.
- Supports senior leadership team in crisis communication efforts.
- Coordinates with marketing department personnel in the development of marketing collateral as needed for existing public affairs clients.
- Supports new business development activities and pro-bono account work as needed.
- Attends internal meetings as appropriate.
- Manages time entry on a daily basis.
- Maintains organized client files.
Bold: Change agent; exhibits confidence; shows courage to take action; willing to challenge status quo
Entrepreneurial: Takes ownership and pride; willing to take risks; looks for and takes advantage of opportunities
Strategic: Change management; quality management; delegation; visionary leadership; managing people
Curious: Asks why; seeks knowledge; looks for ways to improve performance; gathers and analyzes information
- Bachelor’s degree in communications from an accredited four-year college or university
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience, including experience in public affairs or public involvement
- Class C driver’s license
If you like the sound of our philosophy, we’d like to hear from you.