Entrepreneurial spark. Insatiable curiosity. That’s what drives the public relations, advertising and public affairs professionals that make up KGBTexas Communications. It’s in our DNA.
We’re passionate about creating ideas that reach the people our clients want to connect with, and then moving those ideas into action. We’re good at asking why, and even better at asking why not. That attitude has taken us far and allowed us to create successful and long-lasting partnerships with our clients, our communities and ourselves. It’s why we do what we do.
Senior Account Executive, Public Affairs
Houston, TX 77005
Group Account Manager -> Vice President
Manages support team for assigned client work.
Manages assigned public affairs accounts, including strategic plan development, oversight of plan implementation and budget management for ongoing projects.
- Serves as the agency’s primary client contact for assigned accounts and projects.
- Works with assigned clients and senior leadership to develop and implement public affairs goals, strategies and tactics.
- Develops and oversees the implementation of public affairs plans.
- Develops, oversees and staffs public engagement meetings as appropriate.
- Manages junior public affairs support staff as necessary in the implementation of public affairs tactics and general account maintenance.
- Aggressively manages budgets through weekly and monthly review of detailed billing reports and alerts KGBTexas leadership to challenges or issues with budgets.
- Manages client expectations regarding budget and account work.
- Reports status and progress of public affairs efforts to clients and senior KGBTexas leadership on a regular basis; and alerts senior leadership to challenges or issues.
- Supervises preparation and distribution of client-facing materials including weekly status reports, billing summaries, meeting agendas, meeting reports/recaps, project estimates and other documents as needed.
- Develops and fosters community relations awareness by keeping up-to-date on current news and acting as liaison with public officials, chambers of commerce, areas business councils, other stakeholders and attending community events as appropriate.
- Supports senior leadership team in crisis communication efforts.
- Supports graphic design and social media needs as appropriate.
- Coordinates with advertising department personnel in the development of marketing collateral as needed.
- Supports new business development activities and pro-bono account work as needed.
- Maintains organized files.
- Monitors media for trends, client news and other relevant information.
- Assists with new employee orientation training as appropriate.
- Attends internal meetings including staff and departmental meetings.
Bold: Change agent; exhibits confidence; shows courage to take action; willing to challenge status quo
Entrepreneurial: Takes ownership and pride; willing to take risks; looks for and takes advantage of opportunities
Strategic: Change management; quality management; delegation; visionary leadership; managing people
Curious: Asks why; seeks knowledge; looks for ways to improve performance; gathers and analyzes information
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university.
- Minimum five years of experience, including issues management, public affairs and/or public involvement.
- Experience working as part of a high-performing team.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to attend/travel community engagement meetings and interact with public officials and members of the community.
- Ability to staff client events and community meetings on evenings and/or weekends as appropriate.
- Class C driver’s license.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Bilingual abilities a plus.
- Graphic design / social media skills a plus.
- Event managements skills a plus.
- Familiarity with Harris County and Gulf Coast Texas a plus.
- Experience working and exceling in a fast-paced environment a plus.
If you like the sound of our philosophy, we’d like to hear from you.