Entrepreneurial spark. Insatiable curiosity. That’s what drives the team of public relations, advertising and public affairs specialists that makes up KGBTexas Communications. It’s in our DNA.
Our job is to create ideas that reach the people our clients want to connect with. Then move those ideas into action. We’re good at asking why, and even better at asking why not. That attitude has taken us far.
We’ve built a portfolio of Fortune 500 companies, start-ups and nonprofits. We’ve grown beyond San Antonio, and set up a second shop in Houston. We’ve made national headlines for local clients, branded San Antonio’s epic 300th birthday and passed a billion-dollar city bond. After 25 years, we’ve gotten pretty good at producing work that creates fans of brands and makes a difference in communities.
At our core, we’re a group of like-minded people who agree on a few simple but profound truths:
- It’s more fun to be great than it is to be mediocre.
- It’s better to outsmart the competition than to outspend them.
- There is nothing more powerful than a compelling idea, persuasively expressed.
- Integrity matters.
200 E. Grayson Street, Suite 200, San Antonio, TX 78215
You will serve as the lead designer in the creation of content for advertising and branding, delivering ideas and assignments with creativity and passion.
You will work on a variety of creative projects, including: print, out-of-home, web, social media, internal agency promotion and broadcast commercials.
You are expected to:
- Work collaboratively with the advertising, planning and account service team to develop and execute a broad range of print and digital concepts and designs including ads, brochures, websites, graphics, presentations, signage, logos and more
- Translate marketing and communication objectives into creative, on-brand concepts through final deliverables that visually deliver the objectives of the creative brief
- Display superior design, technical, and layout skills, along with strong attention to detail
- Effectively articulate ideas, present to groups internally and externally
- Plan, manage and execute projects by setting and maintaining production schedules with clients, internal team and external partners or vendors
- Work closely with printers, photographers, producers and other vendors or service providers to assure quality and timeliness of delivery
- Communicate effectively and consult with immediate supervisor and others, including clients throughout the design process
- Monitor and assist in prioritizing multiple projects
- Prepare designs and files for both print and digital delivery
- Utilize design best practices and current software and technology tools including the Adobe Creative Suite
- Work both on and off-site
- Perform other functions related to the job as assigned
Bold: change agent; exhibits confidence; shows courage to take action; willing to challenge status quo
Entrepreneurial: takes ownership and pride; willing to take risks; looks for and takes advantage of opportunities
Strategic: change management; quality management; delegation; visionary leadership; managing people
Curious: asks why; seeks knowledge; looks for ways to improve performance; gathers and analyzes information
- Bachelor’s degree. At least five years of experience in graphic design and production.
- Experience designing for communications campaigns across various media and channels.
- Demonstrated passion for exploring new tools, techniques and technologies to create compelling experiences for target audiences.
- Portfolio – Relevant samples in PDF format, link to an online portfolio or similar
If you like the sound of our philosophy, we’d like to hear from you.